Effective Date: August 15, 2023
Last Updated: August 15, 2023
Holymolly Corporation and designated subsidiaries ("Holymolly", "we," or "us") offer the Holymolly website (www.holymolly.ai) and its related platform (collectively, "Platform") and various other features and services, including websites, applications, forums, content, functionality, products, and services (together with the Platform, "Services") to allow users ("Users," "your," or "you") to play, create, and connect.
By accepting these User Terms, you also agree to be bound by the following:
- Holymolly Creator Terms, which apply to all Users who access the Services. They cover items such as the use of Holymolly, the offering of Experiences and Virtual Content (as defined below), and the use of music on the Services.
- Holymolly Community Standards, which explains the conduct standards expected from Users, and outlines behavior prohibited on the Services.
PLEASE READ THE HOLYMOLLY TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE BEGINNING TO USE THE SERVICES, AS THEY SET FORTH A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND HOLYMOLLY. BY USING THE SERVICES, YOU AFFIRM THAT YOU HAVE REACHED THE LEGAL AGE OF MAJORITY IN YOUR JURISDICTION AND STATE OF RESIDENCE, AND UNDERSTAND, ACCEPT, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND AND ABIDE BY THE HOLYMOLLY TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE Holymolly TERMS, YOU MUST NOT USE THE SERVICES.
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE LEGAL AGE OF MAJORITY (A "MINOR") IN YOUR JURISDICTION OR STATE OF RESIDENCE, BEFORE USING THE SERVICES, YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN MUST READ AND CONSENT TO THE HOLYMOLLY TERMS. BY PERMITTING A MINOR TO USE THE SERVICES, A MINOR’S PARENT OR GUARDIAN BECOMES SUBJECT TO THE Holymolly TERMS AND AGREES TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MINOR’S ACTIVITIES ON THE SERVICES.
The Holymolly Terms are subject to change. To the extent required by applicable law, Holymolly will provide User with reasonable advance notice of any material updates or modifications by any reasonable means of notification, provided that non-material changes, feature updates, or modifications made for legal reasons (as determined by Holymolly) will be deemed to be effective immediately and without notice. Changes shall be in effect as of the "Last Updated" date listed atop this page. Your continued use of the Services after the Last Updated date constitutes your acceptance and agreement to such changes.
The Holymolly Terms consist of the following:
- User Terms. The User Terms apply to any person who accesses the Services.
- Creator Terms. The Creator Terms apply to all Users who access the Services. They cover items such as the use of Holymolly Studio, the offering of Experiences and Virtual Content (as defined below), and the use of music on the Services.
- Holymolly Community Standards. The Holymolly Community Standards apply to all Users and outline the types of behavior that are acceptable and prohibited when using the Services.
These User Terms, along with the additional Creator Terms, govern, among other things, what is called User Generated Content or "UGC." UGC is content of any kind or nature, whether material, assets, or otherwise, that Users create, upload, submit, publish, display, generate, transmit, or otherwise make available on the Services. ALL USERS ARE SUBJECT NOT ONLY TO THESE USER TERMS BUT ALSO TO THE ADDITIONAL CREATOR TERMS, WHICH ARE INCORPORATED HEREIN BY REFERENCE.
2. User Accounts; Access to Services.
1. Creating an Account. To access certain elements and functionality of the Services, you will need to create a Holymolly account ("Account"). To create an Account, you will be asked to provide a username, date of birth, and method of authenticating your Account, which may include a password and, depending on the resources accessed, you may also be asked to provide other information like a verified email address, verified phone number, or a government-issued photo identification. You agree that all information provided to Holymolly will be true, accurate, and up to date. Holymolly reserves the right to take steps to ensure that any information you provide to Holymolly in connection with your Account is accurate.
2. Securing an Account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of any credentials used to access your Account (e.g., a username and password). You must not share or disclose such credentials to others (except for Guardians in the case of a Minor User).
3. Account Responsibilities and Prohibitions. You understand, acknowledge, and agree that you will be responsible for any actions taken in your Account and on the Services using your access credentials, whether or not such actions have been authorized by you. You may only access the Services through your own Account. Selling your Account or your access credentials to another User is strictly prohibited. Similarly, purchasing another User’s Account or access credentials is strictly prohibited. However, transferring an Account in connection with the sale of the Virtual Content created by that Account, pursuant to a valid written agreement, is permitted.
4. Compromised Accounts. If you have reason to believe your Account has been compromised, is not secure, or has been subject to unauthorized use, you must notify Holymolly immediately by contacting email@example.com
5. Suspension or Termination of an Account. If you violate these User Terms or any of the Holymolly Terms, including the Holymolly Community Standards, Holymolly reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend (i) your Account and (ii) your right to use and access the Holymolly Services. A Guardian of a Minor User may request that Holymolly terminate their Account by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Notification and Appeal. If, pursuant to a violation of the Holymolly Terms or in response to law enforcement or another legal request, Holymolly (i) suspends or terminates your Account or access to the Services or (ii) removes Robux, UGC, or other content that you have on the Services, Holymolly may notify you, and may provide you an opportunity to request a review of Holymolly’s decision ("Appeal"). To begin the Appeal process, contact Holymolly Support.
7. Access to Services. Holymolly reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change or suspend the Services (or any portion thereof) at any time and for any reason, including to comply with laws, to protect Users, or to protect Holymolly’s reputation, without notice to you unless required by law and without liability to Users.
3. Virtual Content and the Holymolly Economy.
1. Acquiring Virtual Content. You may acquire "Virtual Items" (including without limitation clothing or digital items for your avatar), "In-Experience Items" (including without limitation game passes and special abilities), and other content (including without limitation Experience and private server access) offered by Holymolly and/or Creators (collectively "Virtual Content") solely on the Services. The acquisition of Virtual Content on the Services is solely for your personal entertainment; it does not create any legally enforceable contract between (i) you and Holymolly or (ii) you and any Creator. Virtual Content has no real-world equivalent value and you do not acquire any enforceable legal rights in and to any Virtual Content based on any transaction on the Services.
2. Removal of Virtual Content. Holymolly has the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend the availability of, or remove from the Services and your Account, any content (including without limitation Experiences, Virtual Content, and UGC) without advance notice. Holymolly shall not be liable to any User for any losses you may experience because of such suspension or removal.
4. Intellectual Property and UGC.
1. Holymolly IP. The interfaces, graphics (including without limitation Holymolly Classic Avatars and Modified Classic Avatars, as defined in Section 2 of the Creator Terms), trademarks, design, information, artwork, data, code, products, software, and all other elements of the Services, including the rights therein and any derivatives thereof, ("Holymolly Intellectual Property" or "Holymolly IP") are protected by law and the Holymolly Terms. All Holymolly IP is the property of Holymolly and Holymolly’s licensors. Holymolly IP includes UGC licensed to Holymolly by Creators under the Creator Terms. Except as allowed in the Holymolly Terms and any applicable Additional Terms, you may not use any Holymolly IP contained in the Services unless you obtain separate permission in each instance from the owner. Holymolly reserves all rights in/to the Holymolly IP not granted in these Holymolly Terms or elsewhere in Additional Terms.
2. UGC. The Services contain various forums, functionality, software, and other interactive features that allow you to create, upload, submit, publish, display, generate, transmit, or otherwise make available ("Publish") UGC on the Services. For more information on these features, please also read Section 2 of the Creator Terms.
3. Any UGC Published on the Services must comply with the Holymolly Terms, including the Holymolly Community Standards, and must not be illegal, fraudulent, deceptive, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable, and must not consist of or contain software viruses, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam."
5. You represent and warrant that, at the time of Publishing UGC, (i) you own or otherwise control all the rights in/to the UGC; (i) the UGC is accurate and not fraudulent or deceptive; and (iii) the UGC does not violate these Terms, any applicable laws, or the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy, and publicity, and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You understand that in certain situations your UGC may be copied by other Users of the Services and discussed on and outside of the Services. If you do not have the right to submit UGC for such use, Publishing such may subject you to liability. Holymolly takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any UGC Published by you or any third party. Holymolly has the right but not the obligation to monitor, modify, or remove any UGC on its Services, and it may exercise these rights at any time, without notice or liability to you or any third party.
6. In-Experience UGC. Some Experiences allow for users of that Experience to Publish UGC within the Experience. Such Users who separately Publish UGC within an Experience hereby grant both Holymolly and the Creator of the applicable Experience a worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, and irrevocable right and non-exclusive license to use and exploit the UGC in any manner or media without any obligation, including any obligation to pay royalties or other compensation to any person or party.
5. Online Safety
Holymolly cares about the safety of its Users. If you see any content or materials on the Services that appear email@example.com and select the "User Safety Concern" help category to immediately report the User and situation.
1. Community Standards. To keep its Users safe, Holymolly has created certain Community Standards to outline how Users should behave on the Services and what conduct is and isn’t allowed on the Services. Any violation of the Community Standards is considered a violation of the Holymolly Terms and may result in Account suspension or termination.
2. Parental Controls. The Holymolly Community is made up of Users of all ages. We work hard to create a safe and fun environment for all. To help foster this community, we provide Users and their parents/guardians with numerous safety features and controls.
6. License to and Restriction of Services.
1. License to the Services. Subject to your compliance with these User Terms or any Holymolly Terms, Holymolly grants you a non-exclusive, limited, revocable, non-transferable license to use the Services on devices that you own or control for your personal, entertainment use, including and solely in connection with the Services, the right to download and use software that Holymolly makes available for download as part of the Services, in object code form only.
2. Restrictions of Use. In addition to any other restrictions set forth in the Holymolly Terms or any Additional Terms, Users may not (a) lease, lend, sell, redistribute, or sublicense any part of the Services; (b) copy, modify, distribute, publicly perform or display, reverse engineer, disassemble, modify, or create derivative works of the Services or related or implemented technology; (c) circumvent any technological measure designed to protect the Services or any technology associated with the Services; (d) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode, adapt, or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to any Services’ source code, in whole or in part (unless a portion of code contained within the Services is released as open source and the open source license governing such code expressly permits reverse engineering, copying or other modification); (e) use the Services to create malicious or abusive content (as determined by Holymolly in is sole discretion) or any content that violates these Holymolly Terms, Additional Terms, guidelines, or policies; or (f) use the Services (or any part thereof or any technology contained therein) in any manner that infringes, misappropriates, or otherwise violates any intellectual property right or other right of any person, or that violates any applicable laws.
7. Third-Party Services.
2. Disclaimer. You understand that by using the Services, you may come across Third-Party Services that (i) may be considered offensive, or objectionable; (ii) may or may not be identified as having explicit language; (iii) may contain links or references to objectionable material; (iv) may contain infringing content; (v) may not function properly or as intended; may contain viruses, malware, or other harmful code; and/or (vi) may not be available in all countries or languages. You agree to use the Services at your own risk and further agree that Holymolly will not have any responsibility or liability to you in connection with such Third-Party Services, including any losses you may sustain as a result of using such Third-Party Services.
8. Dispute Resolution (Between Users and Creators or Between Creators).
If a User has an issue with any Creator UGC (including Experiences or other Virtual Content), Users should first contact the Creator of the UGC directly to resolve the issue.
1. Escalation to Holymolly. While Holymolly is not responsible for the resolution of issues between Users and Creators or between Creators, Holymolly wants to make sure that everyone enjoys the Services. Accordingly, Holymolly has the right (but not the obligation) to intervene in issues between Users and Creators or between Creators to try to help resolve them. Before escalating any such issues to Holymolly, Users should first make a real, genuine effort to work out a resolution with the Creator. If such attempt is unsuccessful, User may escalate the issue to Holymolly’s Customer Service team by completing a Holymolly Support Form. If Holymolly chooses to intervene or take action in any dispute between a User and Creator or between Creators, User and Creator agree that Holymolly’s decision is final, and Creator and User will accept that decision. Users and Creators agree to work with Holymolly in a timely manner to resolve all such issues, and failure to do so shall be a violation of the Holymolly Terms.
2. Creator-to-Creator Copying Complaint Process. As further explained in the Creator Terms, Holymolly prohibits the copying of another User or Creator’s UGC and passing it off as a User or Creator’s own work. A User or Creator who has created and previously Published to the Services original UGC material and believes that another User or Creator on the Services has improperly copied such original UGC material in violation of the Holymolly Terms (for the purposes of this process, a "Complainant") may file a complaint using Holymolly’s Creator-to-Creator Copying Complaint Process. A complaint may be filed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Creator-to-Creator Copying Complaint," and including the following: (i) identifying the original UGC material; (ii) identifying the copied work; and (ii) providing any other relevant details. If necessary, Holymolly will investigate the complaint and reach a decision as to whether copying in violation of the Holymolly Terms has occurred. If a violation is found, Holymolly may take other actions, which may include the removal of copied material or termination of the reported User’s Account. A User or Creator who is unhappy with Holymolly’s determination may appeal by (a) requesting and then completing an appeal form and (b) submitting such appeal form to Holymolly via email by following the instructions on the form. The appeal form may be requested by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject line: "Request Appeal Form." You agree that any decision by Holymolly on appeal is final and binding.
3. Exclusivity of Creator-to-Creator Copying Complaint Process. Any potential Complainant is required to use the Creator-to-Creator Copying Complaint Process and not any other form of complaint or dispute resolution. This means that a Complainant is prohibited from engaging in any form of harassment or from filing a DMCA or trademark takedown notice. Failure to use the Creator-to-Creator Copying Complaint Process when required is a violation of these User Terms. Corporate entities (and those acting on behalf of a corporate entity) may, but are not required to, use the Creator-to-Creator Copying Complaint Process.
9. Dispute Resolution (Between User and Holymolly); Arbitration Agreement; Class Action Waiver.
Except as otherwise permitted in the Holymolly Terms, you agree that any dispute, claim, or controversy you may have with Holymolly arising under or relating in any way to the Holymolly Terms or the Services ("Dispute") will be governed and resolved through the Mandatory Informal Dispute Resolution ("MIDR") process (as outlined below).
10. Governing Law, Jurisdiction, and Venue.
1. Except as otherwise provided herein, the Holymolly Terms are governed by the laws of the Hong Kong.
11. Disclaimers; No Warranties.
1. UGC Disclaimer. Except as may be required by applicable law, Holymolly is not liable for, nor is Holymolly obligated to screen, approve, edit, or control any UGC that Users, Creators, or others Publish or otherwise make available on the Services. Holymolly may, however, at any time, without notice, and without any obligation to User, remove, edit, block or suspend the availability of any UGC that Holymolly thinks violates the Holymolly Terms or is otherwise objectionable. User understands that when using the Services, User will see UGC from a variety of sources and understands that UGC could be inaccurate, offensive, or objectionable. User agrees to waive, and does waive, any legal or equitable right or remedy that User has or may have against Holymolly regarding UGC. If notified by a User or content owner that UGC allegedly violates the Holymolly Terms, Holymolly may investigate and decide whether to remove the UGC (which Holymolly can do at any time, without notice).
2. As Is. THE SERVICES AND ALL MATERIALS AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ON AN "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, Holymolly AND Holymolly’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AFFILIATES, INVESTORS, BUSINESS PARTNERS, SUBSIDIARIES AND AGENTS (TOGETHER, THE "AFFILIATED PARTIES") DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO THE SERVICES AND ALL MATERIALS AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES, INCLUDING: (A) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT; AND (B) ANY WARRANTY ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE. THE AFFILIATED PARTIES DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES OR ANY PART OF THE SERVICES, OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT OFFERED THROUGH THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY TRANSLATIONS OF CONTENT, WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, AND DO NOT WARRANT THAT ANY OF THOSE ISSUES WILL BE CORRECTED.
3. No Responsibility. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY USER FROM Holymolly OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY REGARDING ANY OF THE AFFILIATED PARTIES OR Holymolly THAT IS NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE Holymolly TERMS. USER ASSUMES ALL RISK FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT FROM USER’S USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE SERVICES, USER’S DEALING WITH ANY OTHER USERS ON THE SERVICES, AND ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES. THESE LIMITATIONS APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
12. Limitations of Liability.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL Holymolly AND THE AFFILIATED PARTIES BE LIABLE TO USER FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, OR ANY OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO USER’S ACCESS TO OR USE OF, OR USER’S INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE SERVICES OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT ON THE SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STATUTE, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT Holymolly HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGE.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, USER AGREES THAT THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF Holymolly AND THE AFFILIATED PARTIES TO USER FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OF OR ANY INABILITY TO USE ANY PART OF THE SERVICES OR OTHERWISE UNDER THE Holymolly TERMS, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, IS LIMITED TO $1,000 USD (EXCEPT AS NOTED IN SECTION 11 ABOVE OR AS OTHERWISE SET FORTH IN THE CREATOR TERMS).
You agree that you will be responsible for your use of the Services, and you further agree to defend and indemnify Holymolly and the Affiliated Parties from and against every claim, liability, damage, loss, and expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with: (a) your access to, use of, or alleged use of the Services; (b) your violation of any part of the Holymolly Terms, any representation, warranty, or agreement referenced in the Holymolly Terms, or any applicable law or regulation; (c) your actual or alleged violation of any third-party right, including any intellectual property right, publicity or privacy right, property right, or confidentiality obligation; or (d) any Dispute or issue between you and any third party. Holymolly reserves the right, at Holymolly’s own cost, to take on the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you (without limiting your indemnification obligations with respect to that matter), and in that case, you agree to cooperate with Holymolly’s defense of that claim.
14. Miscellaneous Terms.
1. General. These User Terms, together with all Holymolly Terms, make up the entire agreement between you and Holymolly regarding the Services and your use thereof. You may not assign these Holymolly Terms or any of your rights hereunder by operation of law or otherwise without Holymolly’s prior written consent. Holymolly may assign the Holymolly Terms at any time to anyone without notice or consent. This agreement is binding on and inures to the benefit of Holymolly and your respective successors and assigns. If any part of these Holymolly Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the unenforceable part will be given effect to the greatest extent possible (or, if it cannot legally be given any effect, will be severed from the Holymolly Terms), and the remaining parts will remain in full force and effect.
2. Termination; Survival. In the event of termination of these User Terms or any Additional Terms, as applicable, the rights and duties of Holymolly and User to each other will terminate except that any part of the Holymolly Terms or Additional Terms, which by their nature should survive termination, will survive.
3. Waiver. No waiver of any part of the Holymolly Terms by either User or Holymolly shall be deemed a continuing or further waiver of any such part or any other part of the Holymolly Terms, and Holymolly's or User's failure to assert any rights or part of the Holymolly Terms shall not be deemed or otherwise constitute a waiver of such right or part.
4. Interpretation. The section headers in these Holymolly Terms are for convenience and will not impact the interpretation of these Holymolly Terms. In all cases where Holymolly is allowed to make a decision under these Holymolly Terms, that decision is completely up to Holymolly, in its sole discretion. The Holymolly Terms are subject to applicable law, meaning that they apply except to the extent otherwise prohibited or required by applicable law. Unless the context dictates otherwise, whenever the word "including," or similar is found in the Holymolly Terms, it means "including, without limitation" and whenever the word "or," is found in the Holymolly Terms, it means "and/or."
5. Compliance with Laws. When using the Services, you agree to comply with all applicable laws. User will not directly or indirectly export, re-export, or transfer the Services to prohibited countries or individuals (or allow either to use the Services).
7. Investigations; Cooperation with Law Enforcement. Holymolly reserves the right to investigate and prosecute any suspected or actual violations of these Terms. Holymolly may disclose any information as necessary or appropriate to satisfy any law, regulation, legal process, or government request.
8. Prevailing Language. To the extent any of the Holymolly Terms are made available in multiple languages, in case of any discrepancies or conflicts between the English version of the Terms and any other language version, the English version will govern and prevail.
15. Contact Information.
The Services are offered by Holymolly Limited. You can contact Holymolly by sending any messages to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creators are the heart of the Holymolly community, and we created the following terms ("Creator Terms") to set forth the rules and guidelines for creating and Publishing UGC on the Services as well as the use of UGC or other Holymolly IP or content on the Services. These Creator Terms apply to all Users of Holymolly.
In addition to these Creator Terms, Creators must also abide by the User Terms, both in their capacity as a Creator and as a User of the Services, and any Additional Terms, as may be applicable.
2. Intellectual Property.
1. Holymolly Services; Ownership; License.
1. Holymolly IP. Terms outlining the ownership of Holymolly IP are set forth in Section of the User Terms.
2. Holymolly Studio. Holymolly provides Creators with a free software tool ("Studio") that allows them to create, develop, modify, operate, and Publish Experiences and 3D Virtual Content (collectively encompassed by "UGC," as that term is originally defined in the User Terms) on the Services. Holymolly owns and/or controls all rights in/to Studio and all elements contained therein. Subject to Creator’s compliance with these Creator Terms, Holymolly grants Creator a non-exclusive, limited, revocable, non-sublicensable, and non-transferable license to use Studio solely for the purpose of creating, developing, modifying, uploading, and Publishing Creator’s UGC on the Services ("Studio License"). Creator may only use Studio in a way consistent with these Creator Terms.
3. Holymolly Templates. "Templates" are made available by Holymolly (generally via Studio) and serve as a starting point that Creators can use to more easily create UGC. Holymolly owns or controls all rights in all Templates and all elements contained therein and makes Templates available to Creators pursuant to the Studio License. Creators may only use Templates in a way consistent with these Creator Terms. Using a Template does not give Creator any ownership rights in/to that Template.
4. Other Holymolly Content. Holymolly, at its sole discretion, may create, develop, and make available on and through the Services other content ("Other Holymolly Content"). Subject to Creator’s compliance with these Creator Terms, Holymolly grants Creator a non-exclusive, limited, revocable, non-transferable license to use such Other Holymolly Content solely on the Services and in connection with Creator’s UGC ("Other Content License"). The creator will not be entitled to any payment or compensation for Creator’s use of Other Holymolly Content (including any modifications or enhancements thereto).
5. Holymolly Trademarks. Creators are prohibited from using the name "Holymolly," "Blox," and any name similar to Holymolly (to be determined in Holymolly’s sole discretion), in the titles of any Experiences. Subject to the foregoing restriction and Creator’s adherence to the Holymolly Name and Logo Guidelines, Holymolly hereby grants Creator a non-exclusive, personal, limited, revocable, non-transferable license to use Holymolly trademarks, whether registered or unregistered, solely for use within Creator’s Experience(s) on the Services, including in connection with the creation of Virtual Content ("Holymolly Trademark License"). All goodwill arising from any use by Creator of any Holymolly trademarks will inure solely to Holymolly. Use by Creator of any Holymolly trademarks outside of the Holymolly Services (including a trademark that may be contained in the title of a Creator’s Experience) is permitted only as set forth in the Holymolly Name and Logo Guidelines.
6. Termination of License. Holymolly reserves the right to terminate or modify the Studio License, Template License, Other Holymolly Content License, and Holymolly Trademark License at any time and for any reason.
2. User-Generated Content (UGC).
1. Ownership of UGC. As between Creator and Holymolly or Creator and Users, Creator retains all copyrights that Creator may hold in any UGC that Creator has ever created or will create (whether alone or with others) and Publishes or makes available on the Services (excluding any non-UGC Holymolly IP that may be contained therein).
2. Holymolly License to UGC. In consideration for the use of the Services and Creator’s potential to earn Robux, Creator grants Holymolly a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free right and license (with the right to sublicense to any person or entity, including without limitation other Users and Creators) to host, store, transfer, translate, run, localize, publish, publicly display, publicly perform (including by means of digital audio transmissions and on a through-to-the-audience basis), reproduce (including in timed synchronization to visual images), modify, adapt, create derivative works of, enhance, distribute, and use for any business purpose related to the Services (including, but not limited to, in connection with operating, providing, improving, or publicizing the Services or Holymolly) any UGC, in whole or in part (including any incorporated or associated trademarks and underlying source code), that Creator Publishes or makes available on/through the Services.
3. Notwithstanding the above, Creator also grants to Holymolly the exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, fully paid; provided, however, that Holymolly’s off-Services right specifically excludes the right to apply (a) shirts, pants, or T-Shirts designed by a Creator (excluding any Holymolly IP that may be contained therein); (b) trademarks owned or controlled by a Creator; or (iii) copyrighted material owned or controlled by a Creator that has been published outside of the Services prior to the time that it was Published by Creator on the Services.
4. Creator also agrees to make its UGC available in any media or channel of distribution now known or hereafter developed in connection with the publicity and marketing of the Services or Holymolly as permitted herein, even if Creator has exercised a right to be forgotten under the GDPR or equivalent right under other privacy laws (all the foregoing paragraphs in this section collectively, the "UGC License").
5. Holymolly’s right to market and advertise the Services or Holymolly using Creator’s UGC ("Ancillary Use") will not include using such UGC in marketing and advertising that is focused solely on promoting Creator’s UGC (as reasonably determined by Holymolly) as part of the Services without Creator’s approval, but Holymolly can generally reference, as determined by Holymolly in its sole discretion, Creator’s UGC with other UGC or material (and without Creator’s approval) to promote, market or advertise the Services or Holymolly. Holymolly may also use Creator’s UGC for non-commercial and educational uses to promote the Services (and Holymolly will reasonably determine whether a use is non-commercial or educational). Holymolly is not required to give Creator any attribution or compensation for any reason nor is Holymolly required to use the license Creator grants in this Section or exploit any of the rights granted herein.
6. Creator retains the right to delete or update any or all content within an Experience at any time and at Creator’s discretion (and Creator will delete or update such content if required by law), provided that regardless of any such update or deletion having occurred, and regardless of any termination of these Creator Terms or termination or suspension of Creator’s Account: (i) Virtual Content created by Creator which was validly purchased or otherwise validly obtained by a User may continue to be accessed and used by such User indefinitely in accordance with and subject to the terms and policies of the Services; and, (ii) Holymolly’s right to use any UGC or other content that is already in use by Holymolly pursuant to a license or otherwise in accordance with these Holymolly Terms or already in use by Holymolly as part of an Ancillary Use shall continue in perpetuity.
7. In addition to Holymolly’s right to grant sublicenses for Creator’s UGC, Creator, when Publishing certain UGC onto the Service, may be asked if Creator would like to share such UGC directly with other Users. The creator is not required to do so, but if Creator does agree to grant this right, then other users may use Creator's UGC to create their own experiences and other UGC on the Services without any further obligation to Creator.
8. Where Creator’s Virtual Content is sold or otherwise provided to a User, Creator agrees that, pursuant to the rights granted to Holymolly herein and regardless of whether the Virtual Content was sold or provided by Creator to the User, Holymolly may allow the User to continue to access and use such Virtual Content indefinitely (in accordance with and subject to the Holymolly Terms) even if the Virtual Content is no longer otherwise accessible on the Services.
9. Holymolly’s rights under this UGC License shall expressly survive if Creator's Account is terminated due to Creator's breach or violation of these Creator Terms or any of the Holymolly Terms.
10. Through-to-the-Audience Rights. The rights Creator grants in these Creator Terms are provided on a through-to-the-audience basis, meaning the owners or operators of third-party services won’t have separate liability to Creator or anyone else for UGC that Creator has made available on the Services or used on Third-Party Services via Holymolly’s Services.
11. Authorization to Publish UGC to Services. Creator must not Publish or otherwise make any UGC available on the Services if Creator is not the owner of or is not fully authorized to grant rights in all parts of that UGC. Without limiting Creator’s obligations under Section 9 of these Creator Terms (and all other obligations set forth in the Holymolly Terms), Creator agrees to pay all amounts owed to any person as a result of Creator Publishing or making UGC available on the Services.
12. Suspension of UGC Availability. Holymolly may, in its sole discretion, suspend availability of or delete any UGC or other content on the Services at any time and for any period of time, including in perpetuity, without notice if such UGC or other content violates any laws or intellectual property rights or principles or any guidelines or policies associated with the Services or if Holymolly determines in its sole discretion that such UGC does or may cause harm to Users, the Services, or to Holymolly’s reputation. Holymolly is and shall be under no obligation of any kind to Creator for suspending any UGC in accordance with this Section.
13. Limitations on Use of UGC. Notwithstanding Creator’s ownership of UGC (other than Modified Classic Avatars and the right to apply Virtual Content and other UGC to Classic Avatars and Modified Classic Avatars) as set forth above and without limiting any other limitations set forth herein, Creator shall in no event use Creator’s UGC (in any medium or format, including on or off the Services): (a) in a manner that is offensive, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable (in each case, as determined by Holymolly in its sole discretion); (b) in connection with false, defamatory, libelous or slanderous statements concerning Holymolly or otherwise in a manner intended or reasonably likely to disparage Holymolly or bring Holymolly into public disrepute; or (c) in a manner that is intended or reasonably likely to suggest or imply that Creator is affiliated with Holymolly or that Holymolly endorses Creator or its use of the applicable UGC.
14. Infringement and DMCA. Holymolly fosters creativity and respects the intellectual property rights of others, including Creators. Any copyright owner or an agent of a copyright or trademark owner (including other Creators who are owners or agents of a copyright or trademark owner) who believes that any content on the Services (including UGC) infringes upon its copyrights or trademarks and whose complaint does not concern UGC subject to the Creator-to-Creator Copying Complaint Process may submit a notification pursuant to the DMCA. As referred to throughout the Holymolly Terms, Holymolly, in appropriate circumstances, may terminate the Accounts of Users (or Creators) who Holymolly determines, in its sole discretion, are repeat infringers as contemplated by the DMCA.
3. Restrictions on Use.
In addition to any other restrictions set forth in the User Terms or any Holymolly Terms, Creator will not take any action in violation of these Creator Terms, including as set forth in this Section.
Holymolly wants all Creators to develop their own ideas. Unless Creator has express written permission or a written license from the content creator to do so, Creator must not copy or make any modification to someone else’s item, content, or UGC and Publish it as Creator’s own content. Holymolly reserves the right to take any action against Creator for any improper copying of content, including the suspension or termination of a Creator’s Account.
1. Between Creators and Holymolly. Disputes between Creators and Holymolly shall be handled according to Section 11 of the User Terms.
2. Between Creators and Users or Between Creators.
1. Issues with UGC. Creators are responsible for handling all issues, including User complaints, relating to their Experiences, Virtual Content, and other UGC Published on the Services in a quick and professional manner.
2. Return of Robux. If a Creator has acquired Earned Robux in connection with an Experience, Virtual Content, or other UGC, and, pursuant to a User complaint regarding that Experience Virtual Content, or other UGC, Holymolly returns Robux to a User, Holymolly has the right to deduct or withhold an equivalent amount of Earned Robux from such Creator.
3. Disputes With Creators or Users. If a Creator has a dispute with another Creator or a User, prior to commencing any litigation, Creator must first engage in a mediation with a recognized mediator or mediation service to try and amicably resolve the dispute. Such mediation requirement does not apply to disputes related to the copying of a Creator’s UGC, which shall be subject to the Creator-to-Creator Copying Complaint Process as outlined in Section 10.b. of the User Terms. Holymolly reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to resolve any dispute between Creators or between Creators and Users. Such resolution may result in suspension of Creator’s Account and/or any other action permitted by law, including but not limited to the recovery of civil or criminal penalties.
4. Escalation to Holymolly. Notwithstanding the terms set forth in this Section, Users can escalate to Holymolly disputes with Creators, as further described in Section 10.a. of the User Terms. If Holymolly chooses to take action in any dispute between a User and Creator, both User and Creator agree that (i) Holymolly’s decision (which may include deducting Robux from the Creator and crediting Robux to the User) is final, and (ii) they will accept that decision. Creator agrees to work with Holymolly in a timely manner to resolve all such issues, and failure to do so shall be a violation of these Creator Terms.
5. Representations & Warranties.
Creator is responsible for Creator’s UGC, and represents and warrants that: (a) Creator is the creator and owner of, or has the necessary rights and permissions to grant Holymolly the rights and license in Section 2.b.ii; (b) Creator’s UGC and the use of Creator’s UGC as described in these Creator Terms does not and will not: (i) infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third-party right; (ii) slander, defame, libel, or invade the right of privacy, publicity, or other property rights of any other person; (iii) require Holymolly to get licenses from, pay compensation, or provide attribution to any third parties; (iv) result in a breach of contract between Creator and a third party; or (v) cause Holymolly to violate any law or regulation; and (c) Creator will comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations and the Holymolly Terms (including without limitation these Creator Terms) in Creator’s use of the Services.
Creator agrees to be responsible for Creator’s use of the Services and to defend and indemnify Holymolly and the Affiliated Parties from and against every claim, liability, damage, loss, and expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with: (a) Creator’s access to, use of, or alleged use of the Services; (b) Creator’s violation of (i) any part of the Holymolly Terms, including these Creator Terms, (ii) any representation, warranty, or agreement referenced in these Creator Terms, or (iii) any applicable law or regulation; (c) Creator’s violation of any third-party right, including any intellectual property, publicity, privacy, or property right, or confidentiality obligation; or (d) any Dispute or issue between Creator and any third party. Holymolly reserves the right, at Holymolly’s own cost, to take on the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by Creator (without limiting Creator’s indemnification obligations with respect to that matter), and in that case, Creator agrees to cooperate with Holymolly’s defense of that claim.
7. Limitation of Liability.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE AFFILIATED PARTIES BE LIABLE TO CREATOR FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, OR ANY OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS), WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STATUTE, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT Holymolly HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGE.
THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE AFFILIATED PARTIES TO CREATOR FOR ALL CLAIMS (INCLUDING WARRANTY CLAIMS) OR CAUSES OF ACTION IS LIMITED TO (i) THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID OR PAYABLE BY Holymolly TO CREATOR UNDER THIS AGREEMENT FOR THE TWELVE-MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE TIME WITHIN WHICH CREATOR NOTIFIES Holymolly OF A CLAIM, OR (ii) TO THE EXTENT THAT Holymolly HAS NOT PAID CREATOR ANYTHING IN THE TWELVE-MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE TIME WITHIN WHICH CREATOR NOTIFIES Holymolly OF A CLAIM, $1000 USD.
3. User Personal Information. If and to the extent a Creator receives any User personal information ("User PII"), Creator will not use User PII (i) to provide services to any third party; (ii) to build, help build, track or supplement any segments, profiles, or similar records on any individual User, device, or browser across the Services or any third party websites or platforms; (iii) to associate the behavior of any individual device or browser with any segment, profile, or similar record, or supplement any such record based on data of Users; (iv) to associate any data of Users with any other personal information of the User; or (v) for any unauthorized purpose in violation of any applicable law, including applicable privacy laws, or for any unauthorized purpose. Additionally, Creator shall be prohibited from selling, disclosing, sharing, renting, leasing, syndicating, modifying, reverse engineering, decompiling, lending, or otherwise altering any User PII.
Holymolly’s mission is to connect a billion people with optimism and civility. Every day, tens of millions of people around the world have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive digital experiences. All of these experiences are built by the Holymolly community, made up of millions of creators. We believe in building a safe, civil, and diverse community—one that inspires and fosters creativity and positive relationships between people around the world.
We’ve created these Community Standards to help ensure that everyone feels safe and welcome in our shared adventure.
We ask that you respect our Standards and each other at all times — and understand that violating them may result in enforcement action against your account(s) and content. For some behavior that violates these Standards, such as behavior that poses a real-world risk to others, we reserve the right to contact or cooperate with the relevant authorities in order to keep everyone safe.
We’re always learning, so as our community evolves and our platform grows, these Standards may change too. When they do, we’ll let you know.
We appreciate your cooperation with these Standards and commitment to keeping Holymolly safe and civil.
We want our community to be a place where people can connect with optimism and civility, regardless of their identity or beliefs. To ensure Holymolly is a place where everyone feels comfortable being themselves, the following is not allowed:
Holymolly has a zero-tolerance policy for endangering minors, including:
- Any predatory behavior, including attempting to befriend a minor in order to manipulate and exploit them (i.e., grooming)
- Sexualizing minors in any way
- Engaging in sexual conversation with or soliciting sexual material from minors
- Sharing, requesting, or discussing child sexual exploitation material
Terrorism and Violent Extremism
Holymolly has a zero tolerance policy for content or behavior that incites, condones, supports, glorifies, or promotes any terrorist or extremist organization or individual (foreign or domestic), and their ideology, or actions, including:
- Depictions of or support for terrorist or extremist attacks
- Depictions of or support for the leaders or representatives of terrorist or extremist organizations
- Sharing the slogans, images, flags, manifestos, or icons of terrorist or extremist organizations, either in whole or in readily identifiable part
- References to the ideologies, messages, or strategies of terrorist and extremist organizations
- Expressing support, condoning, or glorifying terrorist extremist ideologies or actions
- Recruiting membership for a terrorist or extremist organization, or encouraging others to leave Holymolly to find such information
- Fundraising for terrorist or extremist organizations, people, or supporting groups
- Expressing support, condoning, or glorifying mass shootings and other acts of domestic terrorism or violent extremism
Threats, Bullying, and Harassment
Threatening others with real-world or online harm, inciting violence against people or property, bullying, stalking, trolling, harassment, intimidation, extortion, and blackmail are not permitted on Holymolly. We also do not allow any content that depicts, glorifies, or promotes such behavior, including:
- Threatening physical or sexual assault or violence
- Threatening to harm someone in real life
- Threatening to reveal others’ personal information
- Threatening to take over another’s Holymolly account or to file false abuse reports against another user
- Singling out a user or group for ridicule or abuse, either publicly or privately
- Sexual harassment
- Impersonating individuals, groups, or entities, in ways that may damage their reputation or cause others to harm them, either online or in real life
Suicide, Self Injury, and Harmful Behavior
At Holymolly, we take our users’ well-being very seriously. We’re here to help provide resources for those struggling with mental health, and we reserve the right to communicate with authorities regarding credible threats of self-harm. We don’t allow content or behavior that depicts, glorifies, or encourages suicide, self-injury, or real-world activities that may create an extreme risk of physical harm including:
- Describing methods for suicide or self-harm
- Content that glorifies, supports, or depicts instances or methods of suicide or self-harm
- Dangerous physical challenges or stunts in the real world
Discrimination, Slurs, and Hate Speech
Holymolly honors and welcomes users of all ages, backgrounds, and identities. We don't allow content or behavior that supports, glorifies, or promotes hate groups, their ideologies, or actions. You also may not discriminate, mock, or promote hatred against individuals or groups, or encourage others to do so directly or indirectly, on the basis of their:
- Race, perceived race, or ethnicity
- National origin
- Sexual orientation
- Gender, gender identity, or gender expression
- Religion or religious affiliation or beliefs
- Disability status including diseases, bodily conditions, disfigurement, mobility issues, and mental impairment
- Physical or mental disability status
- Veteran status
- Familial status
Harmful Off-Platform Speech or Behavior
Holymollyians treat everyone with respect, both on and off of Holymolly. If credibly reported to us, we may take action against users who, among other things:
- Are associated with organized crime, terrorist or extremist organizations, or hate groups
- Harass, bully, discriminate, or harm others outside of Holymolly
- Share others’ personal information off-platform, including making false reports to authorities
- Have been convicted of certain egregious crimes, engage in certain illegal activities, or encourage others to do so
Civility is at the core of the Holymolly community. To promote our civil environment, Holymolly prohibits certain types of content, including:
Real-World Sensitive Events
Holymolly prohibits content that recreates specific real-world sensitive events; mocks the victims of such events; supports, glorifies, or promotes the perpetrators or outcome of such events; or capitalizes on these events for commercial purposes, including content about:
- Mass acts of violence against people or property
- Specific, real-world, natural disaster events
- Human or civil rights violations
Violent Content and Gore
Although some experiences on Holymolly may include weapons and violence, we don’t allow content that contains extreme violence or serious physical or psychological abuse, including:
- Animal abuse and torture
- Realistic or real-world depictions of extreme gore, graphic violence, or death
Romantic and Sexual Content
Holymolly is a safe space for meeting online friends, chatting, and collaborating on creative projects, but we prohibit content that depicts sexual activity or seeks real world romantic relationships, including:
- Romantic or flirtatious gestures or communication between users in a romantic context
- Pursuing or soliciting romantic relationships online
- Engaging in unwanted flirtatious behavior
- Engaging in sexually explicit conversations or soliciting sexual material from other Holymollyians
- Content that depicts, strongly suggests, or explicitly describes sexual acts
- Sexually suggestive avatar clothing items
Illegal and Regulated Goods and Activities
We prohibit users from discussing, depicting, or promoting illegal and some regulated goods. You also may not discuss engaging in illegal activities in the real world or encourage others to engage in such behavior, or engage in or promote these activities on the platform. These goods and activities include:
- Illegal and regulated drugs, including marijuana and the misuse of prescription or over-the-counter drugs
- Drug, tobacco, vaping, or other smoking paraphernalia
- Dietary supplements and enhancers such as weight loss pills and steroids
- Depictions of intoxicated behavior associated with consuming alcohol or drugs
- Bomb/explosive and weapon-making instructions or schematics in the real world
- Realistic modern firearms outside of in-experience items
- On-platform contests where Robux or anything else of value is offered as a prize
- Sweepstakes-style games
Except where prohibited by local law or regulation, we allow unplayable gambling content (e.g., showing a casino or non-playable characters playing cards) as well as games of luck and chance that are not casino or gambling based. However, experiences that include simulated gambling, including playing with virtual chips, simulated betting, or exchanging real money, in-experience items of value are not allowed.
To keep Holymolly safe and civil for everyone, we don’t allow swearing in any language text, images, or uploaded audio, including:
- Using misspellings, special characters, or other methods to evade the detection of profanity
- Quoting or using audio containing profane lyrics
We value friendly debate about issues and topics that matter to everyone. However, to maintain a civil and respectful environment, we prohibit the discussion or depiction of certain political content, including:
- Current candidates running for public office, including their slogans, campaign material, rallies, or events
- Political parties, including official party-affiliated organizations
- Specific races for elected office
- Sitting real-world elected officials
- Recent, previously-elected, officials in their official capacity
- Individuals who have previously run for political office in their capacity as a candidate
- Desecration of political entity symbols, including flag burning
- Inflammatory content related to real-world border, territorial, or jurisdictional relationships
We want Holymollyians to trust each other to play fairly and honestly, and to respect one another’s creativity and hard work. To encourage this, Holymolly requires its users to follow their local laws and prohibits or limits:
Cheating and Scams
We don’t permit users to deploy or discuss deceptive schemes or methods of cheating on our platform, including:
- Using exploits to gain an unfair advantage anywhere on the platform
- Sharing exploits with others or encouraging others to cheat
- Selling items with misleading or inaccurate descriptions
- Misrepresenting your real or virtual world identity in an effort to mislead others
- Attempting to access another user’s account without their authorization
- Posting misleading links for the purpose of gaining unauthorized access to others’ accounts or information, either on Holymolly or elsewhere (i.e., phishing)
Holymolly prohibits disrupting or misleading others on the platform. This includes:
- Deceptive, sensational, or otherwise misleading content or metadata used to inappropriately drive discoverability or engagement
- Repetitive messaging to other users or uploads to Holymolly systems
- Creating experiences solely to direct users off Holymolly
Intellectual Property Violations
We expect you to respect the intellectual property rights of others, and will remove infringing content upon receiving a valid copyright or trademark takedown request from a rights holder. Examples of intellectual property infringement may include:
- Using another developer’s code to create your experience without their permission
- Using another artist’s media in your experience without their permission
- Using a brand’s logo or designs for the content you create without their permission
- Developers must maintain full control of independent advertisement publishing. If a developer shows independent ads in their experience, that experience may not make programmatic calls to third-party advertising services.
- Developers must clearly and prominently disclose to users when content is an advertisement using simple and understandable language. Reference to the name of an advertiser alone is insufficient. Examples of acceptable disclosure language include “ad,” “paid,” or “sponsored.” The disclosure should be in or near the advertising content and be presented in a way that is likely to be noticed and understood by users.
- Developers may not mislead users into thinking that they are engaging with Holymolly served Ads.
- Developers may not reuse or repurpose Holymolly Immersive Ad content.
- Advertisements cannot falsely represent the content being advertised to encourage user engagement (e.g., offer free Robux).
Prohibited Advertising Practices and Content
All advertisements on Holymolly must adhere to Holymolly’s Advertising Standards. Creator guidance for complying with the Advertising Standards can be found here.
Soliciting DonationsWe also don’t allow our community to solicit donations for a charitable cause on Holymolly, including:
- In-experience prompts users to donate Robux to a crowdfunding campaign
- Claiming that a transaction is associated with a fundraiser
- Stating to users that some amount of sales proceeds will be directed toward a cause
Note: Developers may implement in-experience Robux transactions for users to express appreciation of the experience or generously reward a creator (e.g. a “tip jar” feature) as long as it is clear to the user that they receive nothing in return for their payment.
For our community to thrive, everyone must feel digitally safe as well as physically safe. We can achieve this by respecting each other’s personal information and Holymolly’s safety systems, and by keeping Holymolly accounts secure. This section describes how players and creators should treat others’ information and protect their own and others’ digital security.
To help maintain a safe metaverse, Holymolly does not permit:
Sharing Personal Information
To maintain privacy and safety, users may be prohibited from sharing their own or requesting others’ personal information and unique identifiers on Holymolly, including:
- Email address
- Passwords or access tokens
- Home address or physical location
- Financial information including credit cards and bank account details
- Medical information
- Telephone number
- Internet Identifiers such as usernames and handles not linked to Holymolly
- Unique Identifiers such as social security number
- Images of themselves or other non-public figures
- Real names except as permitted in display names for eligible users
- Any personal identifiable information relating to minors including unauthorized images or voice and video recordings.
Directing Users Off-Platform
When using Holymolly, you may not link to any external websites or services, except for: YouTube, Facebook, Discord, Twitter, and Twitch. Links to any of those approved sites must be wrapped in the applicable PolicyService API or listed in the Social Networks and Social Links settings of your profile or experience description page. Links (including those to approved sites) that appear in locations where the API cannot be deployed - such as text chat or embedded in media - are prohibited. Any other links or efforts to evade detection of links are prohibited, including:
- Links that contain Holymolly-inappropriate content
- Partial links, filter-breaking, and permitted website links to non-permitted websites
- Encouraging others to visit unpermitted external links
Note: For their privacy and safety, we prohibit users under age 13 from sharing links, regardless of API usage
Misusing Holymolly SystemsHolymolly maintains many systems to keep our users safe and secure, and we prohibit attempts to bypass these systems, gain unauthorized access to Holymolly or to others’ Holymolly accounts or information, or to otherwise violate our platform security requirements, including by:
Evading Safety and Security Systems
- Attempting to get prohibited content around our safety systems, including by hiding violative elements of assets
- Opening new accounts for the purpose of evading an enforcement action taken against a previous account
- Using VPNs to mask your location in order to gain unauthorized access to Holymolly, including to a specific feature or account
- Offering access to your Holymolly account or soliciting access to another’s Holymolly account for the purpose of evading enforcement action or safety systems
- Failing to use required PolicyService APIs in your experience
Disruptive Content and Behavior
- Using bots that are programmed to run disruptive tasks
- Uploading content that contains obfuscated code or hidden scripts that mislead end users or create disruptive experiences for them
- Injecting background noise into underlying audio that makes the intended audio unintelligible
- Injecting excessive loudness, screaming, or harsh noises that disrupts others’ experience, either in uploaded audio or through chat with voice
- Falsely reporting other users or experiences or encouraging others to do so
- Invading or flooding experiences or groups in an effort to disrupt the experience or its reputation
Effective Date: August 15, 2023
Personal Information We Process
We may collect a variety of Personal Information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below. Where required by applicable law, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so.
Personal Information You Provide to Us
When you use the Platform, we may collect or you may provide Personal Information about you and we may link this Personal Information with other Personal Information about you. You may provide us with Personal Information in various ways on the Platform:
Registration and Account Information. If you sign up for an account on our Platform, we collect Personal Information related to its creation and the usage of our Platform via this account. We will ask you to provide your email address and birthday, and allow you to create a username and password.
Payment and Billing Information. If you choose to access or use parts of the Platform that require payments or fees, we may require you to provide Personal Information to use for the purposes of processing those payments. We may provide your Personal Information to third-party payment processors who process transactions on our behalf. We may also collect and retain Personal Information relating to the transactions you conduct on the Platform.
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact us with an inquiry or to receive customer support, we will receive your name, email address, and the contents of the message you send to us, and other information you choose to provide.
Newsletters. If you sign up to receive emails or information about our Platform, then we will collect Personal Information from you, such as your first and last name, email address, and your areas of interest. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Platform.
Personal Information We Collect When You Use Our Platform
Usage Information. When using the Platform, including participation in different “rooms” made available to users of our Platform, you may disclose Personal Information to us and to other users of the Platform. This may occur when you engage in conversations, chats, or other user-to-user interactions. We may collect and use this information to the extent permitted by law.
Personal Information We Receive From Third Parties.
Our partners. We may receive additional Personal Information about you from third parties such as analytics partners, vendors providing additional information on your IP address (i.e., approximate location), gaming infrastructure and platform providers, social networks and advertisers. Such additional information includes additional IP address information, additional information about your device and connected social media account details. We may combine this information with other Personal Information we have about you.
Fraud Prevention & Anti-Cheat Information
We aim to provide users with a positive user experience on the Platform by minimizing abuse of HolyMolly or other users on the Platform. We strictly enforce prohibitions against cheating, hacking, account stealing and any other unauthorized or fraudulent activity on the Platform. We use a variety of anti-cheat and fraud prevention technologies to help us identify and prevent malicious activity. These services may collect and analyze data about your computer and the software on your computer to detect cheating and misuse of the Platform. For example, these services may monitor your gameplay and device’s RAM, processes, communications, and file storage and otherwise detect the use of “modified clients.” One such service we use is Easy Anti-Cheat from Epic Games, Inc.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We collect, use and disclose Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Providing the Platform. We may use your Personal Information to operate, maintain and provide our Platform, including to facilitate transactions and payments, and ensure content moderation on the Platform.
- Customer support. We may use your Personal Information to provide support to users.
- Analytics and product development. We may use your Personal Information to assess the effectiveness of the Platform, analyze usage trends and preferences, to improve our Platform, as well as to develop new products, services, features, and functionalities.
- Marketing. We may use your Personal Information for marketing purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you.
- Personalization. We may use your Personal Information to personalize our Platform, such as remembering information about you so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Platform and providing customized content.
- Communicating with you. We may use your contact details to contact you for administrative purposes (e.g., to provide services and information that you request or to respond to comments and questions).
- Legal. We may use your Personal Information for compliance purposes, including to enforce this Policy or our Terms of Service, to defend our legal rights, to comply with our legal obligations and internal policies, and as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.
- Safety and security. We may use your Personal Information to find and prevent fraud, abuse, and cheating on the Platform, to secure the Platform, and to respond to trust and safety issues that may arise.
- Other purposes. We may also use Personal Information for other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the Personal Information is collected.
When We Disclose Personal Information
We may disclose Personal Information to third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- Vendors and Service Providers. We work with third-party service providers who provide website, application development, hosting, payment, maintenance, marketing, advertising, and other services in connection with the provision of our Platform. These third parties may have access to or process personal information about you as part of providing those services for us.
- Analytics Providers. We use analytics providers who help us understand how our Platform is used.
- Other Users. When using our Platform, you may disclose Personal Information to other users of the Platform via conversations, chats, or other user-to-user interactions.
- As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures. We may disclose Personal Information about you if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- To Enforce Legal Claims. We also reserve the right to disclose Personal Information about you that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Platform and any facilities or equipment used to make the Platform available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. Personal Information may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which Personal Information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- Aggregate Data. We may make certain aggregated or otherwise anonymized information available to third parties for various purposes, including compliance with various reporting obligations, unless we are prohibited from doing so under applicable law
- Business Partners. We may share Personal Information with our business partners, including for the purposes of sales, marketing, recruiting and other related purposes.
Your Rights and Choices
You may, of course, decline to share certain Personal Information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Platform. You may update your profile information through the Platform. If you wish to access, update, delete or amend any other Personal Information we hold about you, you may contact us at email@example.com. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain Personal Information for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
Marketing. If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt out from receiving commercial email from us by sending your request to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at the address given at the end of this Policy. We may allow you to view and modify settings relating to the nature and frequency of promotional communications that you receive from us in user account functionality on the Platform.
Please be aware that if you opt out of receiving commercial emails from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your request, and you may continue receiving promotional communications from us during that period. Additionally, even after you opt-out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Platform.
Your European Privacy Rights. If you are located in Europe, you have the additional rights described below:
- You may request access to the Personal Information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Information, have your Personal Information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your Personal Information to another company. In addition, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work or where an incident took place.
- You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your Personal Information at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdraw your consent.
The above rights may be limited under applicable law. Before fulfilling your request, we may ask you to provide reasonable information to verify your identity.
Residents of California may have additional rights – please see the California Resident Privacy Notice at the end of this Policy for more information.
The Platform may contain features or links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any Personal Information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Platform. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Platform. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with Personal Information.
Our Site is a general audience site not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of the Personal Information that we collect and maintain. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot and do not guarantee that Personal Information about you will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by a breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
We take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when your Personal Information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it unless we are required by law to keep your Personal Information for a longer period. When determining the specific retention period, we consider various factors, such as the type of service provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, and mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
The Platform is hosted in the United States. If you choose to use the Platform from Europe or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that your Personal Information is processed and stored outside of those regions, in particular in the United States. Also, we may transfer your data from the United States to other countries or regions in connection with the storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Platform. By providing any information, including Personal Information, on or to the Platform, you agree with such transfer, storage, and processing.
If you are located in Europe, we will comply with applicable European data protection laws when transferring your Personal Information outside of Europe. We may transfer your Personal Information to countries that have been found to provide adequate protection by the EU Commission or the UK government, to recipients who use contractual protections for the transfer of Personal Information, or to recipients who have adopted Binding Corporate Rules. We may also rely on an appropriate legal derogation.
For more information about how we transfer outside of Europe, or to obtain a copy of the contractual safeguards we use for such transfers, you may contact us using the contact details.
Changes and Updates to this Policy
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify this Policy, we will make it available through the Platform, and indicate the effective date. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. For example, we may send a message to your email address, if we have one on file, or generate a pop-up or similar notification when you access the Platform for the first time after such material changes are made. Your continued use of the Platform after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of this Policy.
How to Contact Us
HolyMolly Limited. is the entity responsible for the processing of your Personal Information. Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, Personal Information we have collected or otherwise obtained about you, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.